Boarding & Fees
Terms and Conditions of Boarding:
- Vaccinations – your cat needs an up to date vaccination card for immunisation against flu and enteritis.
- Your cat needs to be recently treated for fleas and worms.
- Any treatment for your cat whilst in our care will be charged on collection.
- Only cats from the same family can share boarding units.
- Grooming only takes place when necessary and cats under distress or likely to cause harm to us will not be groomed.
- Fees are charged from the day of arrival to the day of departure – a day is charged for both due to cleaning and hygiene preparation.
- All fees are payable by cash and/or debit/credit cards.
- All cats are boarded as shown on our booking sheets which is agreed at time of booking.
- Cancellations can be charged at 50% to any customer cancelling or changing a booking within two weeks of your cats arrival date.
- Out of hours pick-up or drop off will be subject to a minimum of £10 per cat charge and is at our discretion.
- Please note that we cannot put more than two cats into a single unit, in accordance with our licence and insurance.
1 cat – £8.00*
2 cats together – £12.50*
2 cats in a family unit – £15.00*
3 cats in a family unit – £17.00*
4 cats in a family unit – £19.00*
*These tariffs are from 1st August 2018 until further notice.
Insurance and licence:
- Fully insured through Petplan Sanctuary – Insurance certificates are on display in our reception.
- We are licensed for 70 cats by Harrogate Borough Council.
- We accept most food brought with your cat, but please note we cannot cook fresh foods.
- We provide food for your cat which will be included in the price.
- We welcome all cats with special diets.
- A quality health diet for your cat is high on our agenda.
- We have a routine of feeding twice a day – breakfast and tea time – Elderly cats and kittens can be fed more if needed.
- Dry foods include: Royal Canin, James Wellbeloved, Hills Science Plan, Harringtons.
- Wet foods include: Whiskas, Felix, Sheba.
- Cattery is of timber construction and overlooks our well established garden.
- All chalets have an outside run area.
- Sneeze panels between every chalet.
- Walk in areas are big enough for 2 full grown cats to share.
- Family chalets can hold up to 4 cats.
- We provide bedding, litter tray, cat litter, toys and food.
- We welcome anything that can comfort your cat whilst staying with us from their own toys to blankets.
- All personal items are left at the owners risk
- All chalets have plastic beds with a quilt.
- These provide draft protection and warmth.
- All chalets contain at least one litter tray.
- All litter trays are emptied and refreshed on a regular basis.
- Full disinfection is carried out between and during boarders.
Health and Medication:
- Most medications will be given at no extra charge except in extreme cases.
- Your cat may be calm for you to give medication however we remind you that your cat may not be as cooperative with someone else.
- All medications need to be clearly marked with instructions of dosage provided.
- We may refuse admission of your cat if it looks poorly or is ailing.
- Please inform us of any conditions your cat has that are being treated by your vet.
We will require…
- Your vets name and address.
- Contact number of family and/or friend.
- If your cat needs veterinary treatment, we will always follow the advice of the vet.
We will take every care and precaution available during your cat’s stay at Cosy Cattery.
The owner and/or management does not take responsibility for any illness, disease accident or death that may occur during boarding.
If you would like to book your cat in with us, please contact us today on 01765 677166 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open for delivery collection and calls across:
Weekdays 9am - 11am & 5pm - 6pm
Saturdays 9am - 11am only
Sundays 5pm - 6pm only
Outside of these hours in an emergency only.
How to find us:
Follow the A61 from Ripon or Harrogate to Wormald Green. Take the turning at the sign for Markington, Cosy Cattery is immediately on the left.